NEWS BROADCAST PROJECT
Your assignment is to produce a news broadcast. You should coordinate this effort with the members of your group, maximum of 3 to a group, and follow the guidelines below.
Project Minimum Time – 2 minutes
Each broadcast must include:
– A report on a fake news story (must be obviously fake)
– One commercial break (no more than one commercial of 15 seconds)
– Please create props to be used during the broadcast. Be creative! (Ex: A weather map)
– Each group must come up with their own broadcast company name. (i.e. ABC News)
– ALL group members should be actively involved in the preparation AND
performance aspects of this project. Choose your groups wisely.
– Broadcasts will be pre-recorded and should therefore be well-rehearsed before the recording.
– The final project should contain transitions between stories.
– Remember to be creative and have fun! However, presentations should be
professional and therefore “school appropriate.”
- Present Tense
- Preterite Tense (specific events in the past)
- Imperfect Tense (on-going events in the past)
- Present Progressive Tense
- Vocabulary from Chp. 5A and 5B
- Each of the first 2 days you will be given a mini lesson of new grammar that must be incorporated into your scripts.
- If you make up a story about a company, you must use a fake company name…we will not be slandering companies in this project.
- If your project is plagiarized in any fashion your group will receive a grade of zero.
- Your group will be graded based on your creativity and professionalism. Projects must be well rehearsed and planned out. Your grade on this project will reflect upon your preparation and time placed into the final outcome.
2 grades will be given for this project.
- The first grade will be for the script which must be written before the news broadcast can be recorded. This must be shared with Senor H via a Google Doc.
- The second grade will be for the final recording of the news project.
Project due date – May 23rd (B Day) / May 24th (A Day)